This Sunday, the Northwest Progressive Institute will mark its nineteenth anniversary. To celebrate, we’re once again holding our annual summer picnic, this year at Perrigo Park in Redmond, and we’re delighted to announce today that Representative Adam Smith of the 9th Congressional District will be our keynote speaker.
At 25 years old, Adam was the youngest state Senator ever elected in the nation when he won his first race in 1990. He was first elected to Congress in 1996, and has served the residents of the 9th Congressional District ever since. Adam is presently both a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and the Chair of the Armed Services Committee. We’re certain he’ll have plenty to discuss regarding the events of the last few weeks, especially about the recent passage of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, one of the largest investments ever in combating climate change.
This year, there are two ways to participate: in-person or online.
If you are interested in attending in-person, here are the essential details:
- The picnic will be held at Perrigo Park, located at 9011 196th Ave NE in Redmond, beginning at 5 PM on Sunday, August 21st.
- You must be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend. If you have not been vaccinated, then please choose the virtual attendance option. You will be asked when you RSVP to certify that you have received one of the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Please wear a mask when standing in line for your food.
If you are uncomfortable participating in-person despite the precautions we’re taking, or you have not been vaccinated, then you can choose our virtual attendance option when you RSVP. If you choose this option, you’ll be able to watch the speaking program from wherever you are at the same time that in-person attendees at Perrigo Park get to see it.
Our picnic is a pay-what-you-can event, with a suggested donation of $25 or more. All donations will support NPI’s research and advocacy, and help pay for our staff to go to Netroots Nation 2022, which will be held this week in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Here are the essential details:
NPI’s Nineteenth Anniversary Picnic
- When: Sunday, August 21st, 2022 | 5 PM to 8:30 PM
- Where: It depends on the mode.
- For in person attendees: Perrigo Park in Redmond, WA
- For remote attendees: Zoom
- What: NPI’s annual summer anniversary picnic, with delicious food and fellowship
- Who: Short speaking program starting at 5:45 PM