This afternoon, the Washington State Supreme Court is hearing oral arguments in League of Women Voters, et al. v. State of Washington, a lawsuit brought by a coalition of organizations that contend that Initiative 1240 (which authorized the creation of charter schools in Washington) is unconstitutional.
If you’re interested in watching or listening live, tune in to TVW., Washington State’s equivalent of C-SPAN. TVW is carried by most cable providers (i.e. Frontier, Comcast) and it also streams its signal over the Net.
Here are links to the briefs (note these are all PDFs):
- Amicus – Firstate Place Scholars Charter School, Et Al
- Amicus – National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, Et Al
- Amicus – National Association of Charter School Authorizers
- Amicus – Pacific Legal Foundation
- Answering Brief and Opening Cross-appeal Brief – Respondent Intervenors
- Appellants Response to Briefs of Amicus Curiae
- Brief of Appellants
- Joint Requestate to Supplement the Record with a Stipulation of Additional Facts
- Reply Brief – Appellant
- Reply Brief – Respondent
- Reply Brief – Respondent Intervenors
- Respondent Brief
After oral arguments have concluded, I’ll update this post with analysis.