Change Research surveyed 740 likely voters online for the Northwest Progressive Institute (NPI) in King County from October 28th-November 3rd, 2022.
Change used the following sources to recruit respondents:
- targeted advertisements on Facebook and Instagram (471 respondents)
- text messages sent, via the Switchboard platform, to cell phone numbers listed on the voter file for individuals who qualified for the survey’s sample universe, based on their voter file data (269 respondents)
Regardless of which of these sources a respondent came from, they were directed to a survey hosted on SurveyMonkey’s website.
Ads placed on social media targeted all adults. Anyone who indicated they were not registered to vote was terminated. As the survey fielded, Change Research used dynamic online sampling: adjusting ad budgets, lowering budgets for ads targeting groups that were overrepresented and raising budgets for ads targeting groups that were underrepresented, so that the final sample was roughly representative of the population across different groups. The survey was conducted in English.
Who took the survey?
As noted above, 740 likely voters participated.
- 48% of respondents identified as male
- 50% of respondents identified as female
- 2% of respondents identified as non-binary/other
- 27% of respondents are between the ages of 18-34
- 26% of respondents are between the ages of 35-49
- 26% of respondents are between the ages of 50-64
- 21% of respondents are 65 or older
- 69% of respondents identified as White / Caucasian
- 17% of respondents identified as Asian or Pacific Islander
- 5% of respondents identified as Black or African American
- 5% of respondents identified as Hispanic or Latino
- 1% of respondents identified as American Indian or Alaska Native
- 3% of respondents identified as Other
- 6% of respondents have a high school diploma or less
- 22% of respondents have some college, but no degree
- 17% of respondents have an associate’s degree, or two-year college degree
- 34% of respondents have a bachelor’s degree, or four-year college degree
- 21% of respondents have a graduate degree
2020 presidential vote breakdown
- 74% voted for Democrat Joe Biden in 2020
- 22% voted for Republican Donald Trump in 2020
- 1% voted for Libertarian Jo Jorgensen in 2020
- 2% voted for someone else
- 1% did not vote