Mount Baker and Mount Rainier are among the snowiest places on Earth, but the nearby Western Washington lowlands are not. Cities like Seattle don’t usually see much snow during the winter months. But this February is different. It’s the Emerald City’s snowiest second month of the year in seven decades.
Here is a roundup of recent national media coverage of the region’s Arctic blast:
- CBS News: Seattle receives the most snow in seventy years
- USA Today: ‘Brutal winter weather’: Snowstorm to paste Seattle
- BBC: Seattle struggles with unusually heavy snow
- UPI: Seattle area getting another round of heavy snow
- The Guardian: Seattle and Portland hit by rare winter snow
Stay warm and safe out there!