Today, Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders embarked on a grand tour of the Evergreen State, holding big rallies in Vancouver, Seattle, and Spokane. Here is a roundup of the coverage provided by the mass media at each event.
Vancouver (View rally)
- The Columbian: Vancouver roars at Bernie Sanders rally
- The Oregonian: Bernie Sanders attracts thousands to Vancouver rally, decrying ‘establishment politics’
- KOIN 6: Bernie Sanders rallies in Vancouver: ‘We are telling truth’
- KGW 8: Bernie Sanders: It’s time for ‘a political revolution’
- KATU 2: Thousands show up for Bernie Sanders in Vancouver: ‘All I can say is, WHOA!’ | Signs for Sanders: Vancouver welcomes Bernie to Hudsons Bay HS | Photos: Bernie Sanders starts whirlwind Washington tour in Vancovuer
Seattle (View rally)
- Seattle Times: Bernie Sanders rallies thousands at Seattle’s KeyArena
- Seattle P-I: Sanders to big rally: Seattle is ‘ready for a political revolution’
- KING 5: Thousands rally for Bernie Sanders in Seattle
- KOMO 4/Associated Press: Sanders speaks to packed KeyArena: ‘Seattle is ready for a political revolution’
- KIRO 7: Crowd tops 17,300 for Bernie Sanders rally in Seattle
- Q13 Fox: Thousands attend Bernie Sanders rally at Seattle’s Key Arena
Spokane (View rally)
- The Spokesman-Review: Nearly 10,000 line up to attend Sanders rally in Spokane
- KHQ 6: Democratic Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders visits Spokane
- KREM 2: Thousands show up for Sanders rally in Spokane
- KXLY 4: It’s Clinton vs. Sanders as Democrats descend on Spokane
Sanders will make two more stop before leaving in the Pacific Northwest. He’s scheduled to hold rallies in Idaho Falls and at Boise’s Taco Bell Arena tomorrow. Idaho Democrats will caucus on Tuesday, ahead of the Washington, Alaska, and Hawaii Democratic caucuses on Saturday.
Oregon, however, will not hold its Democratic primary until May.