This is brilliant. Democratic Congressman Mark Takano of California writes, “Republicans are struggling to select the next Speaker of the House. I thought I’d help out by posting a Craigslist ad for the position.”
SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE (Washington, D.C.)
Are you an American Citizen? Do you have experience negotiating hostage situations? Are you ready for the challenge of a lifetime? Then this job is for you!We are seeking an extremely patient and motivated person to lead the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Keeping the government open
- Avoiding a default on U.S. debt
- Maintaining women’s access to health care
- Managing multiple investigative committees aimed at attacking Hillary Clinton
- Explaining to the “Freedom Caucus” the concepts of compromise and democratic governance
- Proven ability to work with irrational people who pursue narrow priorities at the expense of millions of others
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Babysitting experience STRONGLY PREFERRED
- No Congressional experience necessary
Please e-mail resume and an outline of your plan to TheNextFrankUnderwood [at] gmail [dot] com.
RINOs NEED NOT REPLY
Well done, Congressman Takano. Well done.