For no good reason, well known political news tabloid The Hill has chosen to cover the Supreme Court’s decision upholding the Patient Protection Act a second time by acting as a mouthpiece for congressional Republicans, Justice Antonin Scalia, and outside right wing groups, who are furious with the ruling.
The case, King v. Burwell, was decided in the Obama administration’s favor today on a 6-3 vote, with conservatives John Roberts and Anthony Kennedy siding with the court’s liberal wing in keeping the Patient Protection Act from being eviscerated.
Bitterly disappointed Republicans wasted no time in bashing the Court and aggressively peddling their false narrative about the law, enacted in 2010 by Democrats and signed by President Obama. They found a receptive audience in The Hill’s writing staff, who began churning out posts amplifying their reaction.
All of these posts were featured on The Hill’s front page today, and almost all of them use the Republican Party’s pejorative term for the PPA… “Obamacare”:
- GOP pledges to fight ‘tooth and nail’ to repeal ObamaCare
- Roberts draws wrath of right in saving ObamaCare a second time
- House bill would force the Supreme Court to enroll in ObamaCare
- Hatch praises Roberts as ‘remarkable judge’
- GOP grapples with ObamaCare defeat
- Scalia blasts ‘SCOTUScare’ ruling
- GOP chairman: Only way to fix healthcare is to elect Republicans
- Conservative groups: Only Republicans can stop ObamaCare now
- Anger from Republicans at high court
- GOP lawmakers question CBO score on ObamaCare repeal
What about reaction from Democrats? Well, there were a couple stories… buried a ways down the page, below most of the stories featuring the Republican reaction.
And here’s the visual proof….
Click on the image above to see a full size view.