Timely shot of the Chevron oil refinery going up in flames on August 6th, 2012. Well, it wasn’t quite that dramatic from the deck view since it was pretty far away (about fifteen miles I estimate). The image was captured with the 35mm equivalent of a 600mm lens – after cropping. (Photo by Stephen Schiller)
In Brief is authored by the staff, board, and contributors of the Northwest Progressive Institute, a netroots powered strategy center working to raise America's quality of life through innovative research and imaginative advocacy.
Want to become a more effective activist? Join the Northwest Progressive Institute today as a member. Members donate time, money, or supplies to help further NPI's work. Members also receive The Evergreen Connection, NPI's useful and unique e-newsletter, twice a month.
Got breaking news to share with us? Please get in touch with us.
Other NPI Projects
- Excavate away: Digging begins on tunnel that will carry East Link under downtown Bellevue
- Senate Republicans advance new scheme to mess with Sound Transit’s governance
- Camp Wellstone returns to Seattle this May — don’t miss this premiere training opportunity!
- Rural Republicans: Tim Eyman’s I-747 is choking the life out of our cities and counties
- Trump loses again: 9th Circuit refuses to reinstate discriminatory travel ban
- State of Washington wins restraining order against Trump regime’s immigration ban