Timely shot of the Chevron oil refinery going up in flames on August 6th, 2012. Well, it wasn’t quite that dramatic from the deck view since it was pretty far away (about fifteen miles I estimate). The image was captured with the 35mm equivalent of a 600mm lens – after cropping. (Photo by Stephen Schiller)
In Brief is authored by the staff, board, and contributors of the Northwest Progressive Institute, a netroots powered strategy center working to raise America's quality of life through innovative research and imaginative advocacy.
Want to become a more effective activist? Join the Northwest Progressive Institute today as a member. Members donate time, money, or supplies to help further NPI's work. Members also receive The Evergreen Connection, NPI's useful and unique e-newsletter, twice a month.
Got breaking news to share with us? Please get in touch with us.
Other NPI Projects
- Hey, Seattle Times editorial board! Care to step aside and let Sound Transit 3 proceed?
- Angle Lake Link will open to the public on Saturday, September 24th, 2016
- Hey Link riders: Cellular service is rolling out to Sound Transit’s underground facilities
- Why say NO to I-732? It’s about justice — environmental and social justice
- Three of Tim Eyman’s wealthiest benefactors are hosting a fundraiser for Donald Trump
- Poll Watch: Latest survey by Stuart Elway finds CarbonWA’s I-732 is in huge trouble