On the way to Lakewood: Sounder trains began testing the new extension from Freighthouse Square to South Tacoma and Lakewood this week. A train is shown here on the new Pacific Avenue Bridge in Tacoma. Testing continues the next several weeks as crews complete signal and crossing gate testing and monitor train operation on the new rail lines. Sounder passenger service to South Tacoma and Lakewood begins in October. The actual start date will be determined after testing progresses. (Photo by Sound Transit).
In Brief is authored by the staff, board, and contributors of the Northwest Progressive Institute, a netroots powered strategy center working to raise America's quality of life through innovative research and imaginative advocacy.
Want to become a more effective activist? Join the Northwest Progressive Institute today as a member. Members donate time, money, or supplies to help further NPI's work. Members also receive The Evergreen Connection, NPI's useful and unique e-newsletter, twice a month.
Got breaking news to share with us? Please get in touch with us.
Other NPI Projects
- Tim Eyman’s wealthy benefactors funding Rodney Tom’s attacks on Justice Wiggins
- Ignore the Seattle Times editorial board and the naysayers — vote YES on Sound Transit 3
- Paul Ryan keeps invoking Bernie Sanders to rile up his base, delighting Bernie’s team
- Liveblogging the final presidential debate of 2016 from the great Pacific Northwest
- Washington’s incumbent Secretary of State could be doing more to lead on cybersecurity
- Tim Eyman: “All the initiatives are awful this year – vote no over and over and over again”