On the way to Lakewood: Sounder trains began testing the new extension from Freighthouse Square to South Tacoma and Lakewood this week. A train is shown here on the new Pacific Avenue Bridge in Tacoma. Testing continues the next several weeks as crews complete signal and crossing gate testing and monitor train operation on the new rail lines. Sounder passenger service to South Tacoma and Lakewood begins in October. The actual start date will be determined after testing progresses. (Photo by Sound Transit).
In Brief is authored by the staff, board, and contributors of the Northwest Progressive Institute, a netroots powered strategy center working to raise America's quality of life through innovative research and imaginative advocacy.
Want to become a more effective activist? Join the Northwest Progressive Institute today as a member. Members donate time, money, or supplies to help further NPI's work. Members also receive The Evergreen Connection, NPI's useful and unique e-newsletter, twice a month.
Got breaking news to share with us? Please get in touch with us.
Other NPI Projects
- Excavate away: Digging begins on tunnel that will carry East Link under downtown Bellevue
- Senate Republicans advance new scheme to mess with Sound Transit’s governance
- Camp Wellstone returns to Seattle this May — don’t miss this premiere training opportunity!
- Rural Republicans: Tim Eyman’s I-747 is choking the life out of our cities and counties
- Trump loses again: 9th Circuit refuses to reinstate discriminatory travel ban
- State of Washington wins restraining order against Trump regime’s immigration ban