What are we so afraid of that we need to have 300 million guns in our homes? Who do we think is going to hurt us? Why are most of these guns in white suburban and rural homes? Maybe we should fix our race problem and our poverty problem (again, #1 in the industrialized world) and then maybe there would be fewer frustrated, frightened, angry people reaching for the gun in the drawer.
In Brief is authored by the staff, board, and contributors of the Northwest Progressive Institute, a netroots powered strategy center working to raise America's quality of life through innovative research and imaginative advocacy.
Want to become a more effective activist? Join the Northwest Progressive Institute today as a member. Members donate time, money, or supplies to help further NPI's work. Members also receive The Evergreen Connection, NPI's useful and unique e-newsletter, twice a month.
Got breaking news to share with us? Please get in touch with us.
Other NPI Projects
- Jay Inslee and Bill Bryant square off in second Washington gubernatorial debate
- Liveblogging the first presidential debate of 2016 from the great Pacific Northwest
- BIG NEWS: Attorney General Ferguson files *three* new complaints against Tim Eyman!
- Sound Transit inaugurates service on Angle Lake Link, bringing light rail to S. 200th Street
- State collects $20,000 in attorney’s fees and court costs from Tim Eyman and his PACs
- LIVE from Link: All aboard to Angle Lake!