Romney wants you to attribute all of the shortfalls in economic policy since 2009 (and some that happened in 2008) to the man in the White House, and forget both the role of Republican-controlled state governments and the fact that Obama has faced scorched-earth political opposition since his first day in office. Basically, the GOP has blocked the administration’s efforts to the maximum extent possible, then turned around and blamed the administration for not doing enough.
In Brief is authored by the staff, board, and contributors of the Northwest Progressive Institute, a netroots powered strategy center working to raise America's quality of life through innovative research and imaginative advocacy.
Want to become a more effective activist? Join the Northwest Progressive Institute today as a member. Members donate time, money, or supplies to help further NPI's work. Members also receive The Evergreen Connection, NPI's useful and unique e-newsletter, twice a month.
Got breaking news to share with us? Please get in touch with us.
Other NPI Projects
- Rural Republicans: Tim Eyman’s I-747 is choking the life out of our cities and counties
- Trump loses again: 9th Circuit refuses to reinstate discriminatory travel ban
- State of Washington wins restraining order against Trump regime’s immigration ban
- Washington State Senate passes Republicans’ school levy swipe scheme on a party-line vote
- Tim Eyman acquires email list of Democratic activists, begins sending them his propaganda
- Senate Democrats must filibuster Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch