Last week, the lead story in one newspaper said, ‘Gasoline prices are on the rise and Republicans are licking their chops.’ That’s a quote. That was the lead. ‘Licking their chops.’ Only in politics do people root for bad news, do they greet bad news so enthusiastically. You pay more; they’re licking their chops.
In Brief is authored by the staff, board, and contributors of the Northwest Progressive Institute, a netroots powered strategy center working to raise America's quality of life through innovative research and imaginative advocacy.
Want to become a more effective activist? Join the Northwest Progressive Institute today as a member. Members donate time, money, or supplies to help further NPI's work. Members also receive The Evergreen Connection, NPI's useful and unique e-newsletter, twice a month.
Got breaking news to share with us? Please get in touch with us.
Other NPI Projects
- Tim Eyman’s wealthy benefactors funding Rodney Tom’s attacks on Justice Wiggins
- Ignore the Seattle Times editorial board and the naysayers — vote YES on Sound Transit 3
- Paul Ryan keeps invoking Bernie Sanders to rile up his base, delighting Bernie’s team
- Liveblogging the final presidential debate of 2016 from the great Pacific Northwest
- Washington’s incumbent Secretary of State could be doing more to lead on cybersecurity
- Tim Eyman: “All the initiatives are awful this year – vote no over and over and over again”