Last week, the lead story in one newspaper said, ‘Gasoline prices are on the rise and Republicans are licking their chops.’ That’s a quote. That was the lead. ‘Licking their chops.’ Only in politics do people root for bad news, do they greet bad news so enthusiastically. You pay more; they’re licking their chops.
In Brief is authored by the staff, board, and contributors of the Northwest Progressive Institute, a netroots powered strategy center working to raise America's quality of life through innovative research and imaginative advocacy.
Want to become a more effective activist? Join the Northwest Progressive Institute today as a member. Members donate time, money, or supplies to help further NPI's work. Members also receive The Evergreen Connection, NPI's useful and unique e-newsletter, twice a month.
Got breaking news to share with us? Please get in touch with us.
Other NPI Projects
- Jay Inslee and Bill Bryant square off in second Washington gubernatorial debate
- Liveblogging the first presidential debate of 2016 from the great Pacific Northwest
- BIG NEWS: Attorney General Ferguson files *three* new complaints against Tim Eyman!
- Sound Transit inaugurates service on Angle Lake Link, bringing light rail to S. 200th Street
- State collects $20,000 in attorney’s fees and court costs from Tim Eyman and his PACs
- LIVE from Link: All aboard to Angle Lake!