The information below refers to an event that has passed.
Calling all progressive activists! Two of the world’s leading Democratic/progressive bloggers are coming to the Seattle area on April 7th and 8th for their American tour of Crashing the Gate: Netroots, Grassroots, and the Rise of People Powered Politics. Please join the authors for a picnic at Redmond’s Marymoor Park on Saturday, April 8th!
- What: Picnic with bloggers Markos Moulitsas and Jerome Armstrong
- When: Saturday, April 8th, 2006 from 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- Where: Redmond’s Marymoor Park, South Picnic Shelter (Address: 6046 West Lake Sammamish Parkway Northeast, Redmond WA)
- Why: Meet two of the Democratic Party’s leading bloggers, enjoy good food, get your copy of Crashing the Gate signed, and spend an afternoon with your fellow Democrats!
Don’t forget: Bring folding chairs, a tablecloth if you have one, and of course, your copy of Crashing the Gate. We have reserved the South Picnic Shelter so there is cover if it rains!
Please RSVP to event (at) nwprogressive (dot) org and let us know if you plan to attend. If you would like to help with the refreshments please let us know in your email. We’re planning on doing a grill with hot dogs and burgers (hamburgers, veggie burgers, turkey burgers, etc.).
Directions to Marymoor Park:
- From I-5 or I-405, take State Route 520 east through Bellevue and Redmond to the West Lake Sammamish Parkway exit. At the bottom of the ramp, go right (southbound) on W. Lake Sammamish Parkway NE. The park entrance is the next left at the traffic light.
- Once you turn left, follow the main road past Willowmoor Farm. You’ll come to an intersection where you can either go straight or turn right. Turn right and drive past the soccer fields to the end of the road, which ends in a parking lot. You’re there!
(See a map of Marymoor Park with the South Picnic Shelter on it.)